Monday, September 4, 2017

Work In Progress

Labor Day: Good time to talk about work in progress. I always have something in progress. I have a drawer in my flat files labeled; works in progress. In addition I have a box holding small paintings to be done, a plastic bin filled with reference pictures, a divided carrier tub thing with papers and photos of things I am thinking about doing but have not started yet. I have sketchbooks with ideas, notes on projects to do and my calendar with deadlines of art that is do for shows. Some of those shows have themes, like the one next year at the Mesa Museum. More on that soon, oils in progress.

I was planning to post a tree picture today. Since, it is Labor Day and I chose work-in-progress as my blog for today thought I should hold onto the trees for later in the month. Plus, saw on my Artist-For-Conservation calendar that September 24th-30th is National Forest Week.

Here is a graphite piece I am working on, a barred owl. I worked on him while teaching the Raptors workshop at Common Ground on the Hill. He is too detailed to work on in a moving car, so not much additional done on the road trip. I work on him in-between waiting for the oils to dry before adding the next layer.


No comments:

Post a Comment