Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Just A Little Blue

Yesterday was Day 11 of the 30-30 challenge, along with memorial of 9-11, and worrying about family, friends in FL, GA, S.C., pretty much the east coast area. It made me feel a little blue, so I decided not to post anything for Day 11.

The red tailed hawk I started for this week as Art In Education is done. I will post a step by step pictures and the final image tomorrow. Working in the toned paper, reductive style, the next step is additive. I start adding color, and shadows using blue tones. Sometimes that blue may be warmer going towards purple-blue. When using the burnt sienna color as a background and under-painting, the blues are compliments on the color wheel. Working with compliments can do several things but my main use is the blending to create darker shadows naturally. I do very little blending with my fingers, I allow the pastels sticks or pencils to do the blending.

Here are a couple more images, showing how I work.

Day 12 of 30-30 red tailed hawk continued.



No comments:

Post a Comment