Friday, September 22, 2017

Timing

My timing isn't off, it is just pushing the limits lately. Here in Arizona time does not change, which I must say I personally like. It is time for fall but it is still feeling more like summer. This week the temperatures are dropping but that is just a bit of a tease. Come October the leaves in Northern Arizona will be in full color. A road trip is already in the works.

Yesterday, as I was following up on art commitments, shows, commissions, workshops...I discovered that I had timing for painting two pieces needed for a show in 2018 off by a bit. When I committed to paint two endangered bird species this past spring I thought I had a year to do them. Not really, I somehow missed the part that said, the works were to be done within 6 months and posted on line by October. These two paintings will be pushed to the front of the to-do list. I at least now know what I will be doing this weekend. I need to put my paper calendar on a wall so I can look into the future a little bit and see what is coming due.

Being in the moment of each day, creating in the flow, losing yourself to the work is a wonderful feeling. I just need to work on the timing of being here and what is coming down the road. I guess that part falls under the business of art. Timing may not be everything but it does help to have the work done on time, even artists have deadlines.

Reference photos for this weekends projects.

Painting a member of the weaver bird family. These are photos of one from S. Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment