Thursday, September 14, 2017

American Kestrel

Continuing with Art in Education week I thought the American Kestrel for the Birds in Art class would be a good addition. Especially, since I had a visit from a Kestrel in my backyard this week. It has been interesting that since getting back to Arizona, the great horned owl has stopped by a couple times, last week a cooper's hawk landed on the fence and this week America Kestrel at the top of the mesquite as the sun was setting.

Surprisingly the Kestrel stayed in the tree for a very long time. I was able to go inside, get my camera and slowly work my way up to get some nice reference photos. Here he is, with lovely sunlight glowing and yes he sees me but does not fly off.


For the 30-30 post here is the pastel done on Canson textured paper in an additive progress. If you would like to see the step by step demonstration you can find it in an album on my art facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/LindaWildlifeArtist

Copyright on all images

No comments:

Post a Comment