Friday, September 15, 2017

Sticks & Stones

Or how I see references everywhere. Rick & I went on a early morning walkabout. The sun was just coming up over the McDowell Mountain Range. As usual I had my camera with me, because you just never know what you might see. We did a different loop trail and found some interesting downed trees. As the sun was hitting the rocks on the ground, multiple colors were appearing.

Looking at these sticks and stones, I think about them as places wildlife would be seen. Birds sitting on the limb of a dead tree. A lizard sunny himself on a rock. When I find a few moments of time, I try to put these reference images in a separate folder on the computer. I often print them out and keep them in a large plastic container. I have way to many file folders labelled trees.

Here are a couple photos from our adventure this morning. You never know when they may pop up in a painting.






No comments:

Post a Comment