Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Almost Done

Almost gone...What does that mean? Well, I am almost done with a little 6X6X2" painting that is part II of the bird nest series. Part I is the earlier one done in the 30-30 challenge "full house". This one is titled: "empty nest" it is about 95% done. The cell phone picture is off in color, for some reason my phone kept bringing out the blue tones. It is not as blue as it appears, better photos to come when it is done. But, for now it is a work in progress, hope to have it done Thursday,

Now onto the almost gone, today's project, pack up "on the hunt" great horned owl that is going to the Artists For Conservation show in Vancouver, Canada. There is a window to ship art for these types of big shows. I like getting things mailed out earlier, just in case there is a problem in shipping. You know, like it gets lost. It is almost gone, should be in the mail today, latest tomorrow. The show opens in November.

It has been a nice productive month, the 30-30 helps keep me going into the studio. Even though I am posting some images from the road trip, I have been painting most every day. The heron took me longer than I thought it would. In combination to working on the "empty nest" piece I have the bobcat on the easel. That too is a long narrow like the heron and needs to have several days of dry time in-between layers.

Time to get that owl packed....almost gone!

"on the hunt" pastel on paper

Work in progress - "empty nest" oil



No comments:

Post a Comment