Friday, October 6, 2017

Moon Shine

Last night was the rising of the Harvest Moon. I am drawn to that bright shiny object in the evening sky. I have taken many pictures. I went back through some of my photos today, looking for other things but notices all the files I have labeled "moon". I guess I will just add it to my other mild addictions: like trees, hands, paper and coffee.

I have several ideas floating around my head to use these photos as references for art pieces. I see a tree with the full moon lighting it to the side. I see an owl maybe flying with the moon to the back, I know nothing new with that image but would be fun to create. Maybe all three, the moon, with an owl in a tree. I'll keep thinking on these ideas and when the time is right they will happen, I hope. Usually, if an idea keeps coming back to me, I will make it come to life.

Until than I will keep taking photos of the moon and owls and trees. Oh, by the way, our resident great horned owl, stopped by this morning for a visit. He likes to hang out at the top of our mesquite tree. Pretty sure he was looking for breakfast.


No comments:

Post a Comment