Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Companions

It has been awhile since I have written a blog post. The last couple of weeks I have been teaching at Common Ground on the Hill. Had a great time, wonderful students that produced amazing work. While I was there blue jean canvases were given away for free. I took one to experiment on, my students ask if pastel would work on canvas. Why yes it will but needs to be sealed. I was not 100% sure about blue jean canvas so I gave it a try. There is a grain that makes it hard to draw fine lines with pastel pencils. Medium soft pastels work better then really soft pastels. It too needs to be sealed, it took several sprays but did not lose the whites too much.

The first image was a barn owl, after-all we were doing a bird class. Here is a picture, it is 16x20" blue jean canvas with sealed soft pastel. Title: & Seek

Since this bird was looking at something, needed to figure out what he might be looking at, with the help of my friend, Lori, a little inspiration came about. The second image is a bunny. Titled: Hide 
Both pieces are on display at Willow Oaks craft cider and wine, in the Art Spaces. They are open Saturdays and Sundays 11:00 - 5:00. The Art Spaces are many, going throughout the two stories of the three story building. They are located at 6219 Harley Rd., Middletown, MD 


A little side note: Save the date, October 20-21st, 2018, Marilu Tousignaut and I will be showing together again. The theme of the show is " Rooted In Memories". We will revisited some of the places we have traveled together and create new work. We will have demonstrations going on and there should be music, working on the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment