Saturday, June 16, 2018

The Smell Of Rain

This has been a very dry and warmer year in Arizona. This morning we have rain, a gentle rain with clouds that look like they may stay around for the day, hopefully. I have always loved the smell of rain in the air. In Arizona they say if you crush the leaf of the creosote bush it smell like rain in the desert. It is a different smell then back east. May be a little sweeter instead of earthy, like in wooded areas.

This morning I enjoyed sitting outside, it was cooler, the sound of the rain hitting the roof and of course the smell. I could not resist taking a few photos and trying to think how can I incorporate this feeling into my art. I will be in the studio most of the day, we shall see what comes from this tranquil moment.







No comments:

Post a Comment