Friday, June 1, 2018

Telling Stories

June 1st, it has been a busy year so far. Lots of friends and family coming to AZ to visit. Art shows coming and going. With a few more ahead, along with workshops in Maryland just around the corner. I may have mentioned that I am updating my web site. Creating a new background, adding new images, and thinking about how to tell the story of my work.

Over the years, when ever I sell my work at shows, even on-line, or as a gift, everyone likes to know the story behind the creation. This will create a bit more work but I have never been know for doing things the short, fast or easy way. Hopefully, it won't be too long before I have it updated with new images and a few stories that tell of the inspiration in nature to create the art.

This is on the fly but here is a little example of what I plan to do on the web site. Just a story with one image and additional images on the same page that followed.

The caracara hawk was inspired by a photograph I had taken many years ago at the San Diego Zoo. I have been experimenting with dark sometimes abstract background and bringing the bird or animal out of that darkness. I knew this was the year to finally make this piece come to life. We went to Tucson and there was a young caracara at the Sonora Living Desert Museum. He had been rescued and now would be one of the education birds in their free flight program.

Since, seeing that youngster I have been lucky in capturing photo references of many baby birds: blacked crowned night herons, egrets, great horned owls, hummingbirds and robins all in their nest. Keep checking back for new works inspired by these babies and their parents.

Black Crowned Night Heron chic

Robins, with the nest built into a corner
These works are for sale, email me for details: lindahp@lindaharrisonparsons.com

No comments:

Post a Comment