Friday, April 20, 2018

Earth Art

Sunday, April 22nd is Earth Day. I will be honoring this day making recycled paper in the wooded area of Boyce Thompson Arboretum. I thought today's post should be positive, not a lecture, you know what needs to be done to take care of our planet. Here are some quotes and pictures to inspire you to take a walk in the woods Sunday, to look at how you can better understand our connection to this world or if you are in the area come up-cycle and make recycled paper with me in AZ.

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." Albert Einstein


These two pictures were taken at our friends farm, Eric & Lori Rice, they own the oldest organic farm in Maryland. This little birds nest was built in their fruit trees orchard. This organic fruit is used in the making of their hard ciders and dessert wines. Willow Oaks craft cider & wine just celebrated a one year anniversary. You can find them on FB http://www.facebook.com/willowoakscraftcider or check out the web site http://www.willowoakscraftcider.com

They are open Saturdays and Sunday 11-5, might be a fun thing to do on Earth Day. Located at: 6219 Harley Rd., Middletown, MD

"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." John Muir


Yesterday, on my way home from dropping Rick off at the airport, I stopped at a little park to check out the palo verdes in bloom. I could not stop thinking of Elton John's song, "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" as I walked along the path. It made me smile and the John Muir quote seemed a prefect fit, as I did receive far more.

I'll end my little walk through nature with some of my favorite subjects.
#Sedona, #AZ

#Sunset #Scottsdale #Arizona

Me providing fibers for a #hummingbirds nest in #Tucson, AZ

#Poppies in bloom Tonto National Forest

And of course we end our day with a full #moon.

Happy Earth Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment