Thursday, August 17, 2017

Art On The Road: Part I

Part I: Sculpture Along The Way

On our road trip crossing through some 24 states I was intrigued by all the sculpture I saw not only in cities, parks but along the highways. Most of these photos were taken from the car, more on car photography in another blog. If I had the opportunity I would get the title and name of the artist. Some I am lucky to remember the state we might have been traveling though that day.

I try to download photos both from camera and phone each day. That way I could label the folder with the states we either were in or driving through. Luckily you do not need wi-fi to download to photo files.

Here are some of the sculptural works and a little about them.
Day 2 Going into N.M. to go to Carlsbad Cavers we saw this very large road runner. He is made of recycled metal and other materials. Doing a google search he is 20X40 feet.

Just for fun, anyone that has driven along the east coast has seen the giant peace water tower in S.C.



 Roanoke, VA has many historic sculpture type displays.


 



These 3 pieces were seen at the Madison, WI Botanical Gardens.




Wausa, WI Are Balloons sculptures? There are 3-D, they are creative and represent an idea.


Heading to Badlands, S.D. These very large sculptures were along interstate 90. 
The bull is 60 feet high, it is part of Porter Sculpture Park. 

This seems like a good spot to end. These were just a few art works seen while driving. I did not include sculptures in or around galleries. I hope you enjoyed a start to Art on the Road. Stay tuned for Part II - Art at 70 MPH.

No comments:

Post a Comment