Friday, August 10, 2018

Inspirations Everywhere

This morning, even before coffee, the great horned owl who comes to visit our mesquite tree in the backyard was hooting away. It was pre-dawn so no great photos but will share some other photos and works in progress.

I am overwhelmed at the inspiration I great from nature. So much so that this morning I ended up going up to our flat roof so I could get a better view of the owl. Rick, got up shortly after my adventure to ask why was I walking around on the roof? When I told him the owl, he just went oh, okay, because he knows, it's what I do to see what I can see.

I am currently working on several pieces for the upcoming show at Willow Oaks in Maryland. Don't forget to mark those calendars for October 20-21st 11-5 come by and see new works, hear music on Sunday afternoon by The Martin Family Band, enjoy the autumn view and try some craft cider. It will be a great weekend, Marilu Tosuignaut and I will be there both days, doing demonstrations, talking about our techniques and sharing stories of our memories that inspired the works. Location: 6219 Harley Road, Middletown, MD

Until, then here are a few teasers...

One of two great horned owl pastel and charcoal pieces on coffee stained paper 8x10"
Willow Oaks craft cider & wine 6219 Harley Rd., Middletown, MD 

The Martin Family Band

Our neighborhood great horned owl

Marilu demoing scratchboard

Linda's sprayed charcoal technique with magpie 


No comments:

Post a Comment