Monday, May 7, 2018

My Trees Are Humming

Spring is filled with music in nature. The birds are singing, the hummingbirds make their own unique sounds and the bees are humming happily away. My trees are in full bloom, the bees, birds are singing and humming. You walk by the palo verde the trees sounds like they are humming because they are so full of bees. It is a wonderful sound, the bees are very happy. The saguaro cactus seemed to be blooming a little early this year and on top of that because of low rain I think the stress has caused it to focus on putting out as many flowers for propagation as possible. The result is beautiful.

I know I have been taking lots of pictures of trees, birds, bees and cactus. Don't look for that to stop anytime soon. They are just too wonderful not to take photographs to document this moment in time. I am pretty sure that the cactus flowers, birds and bees will end up in art work very soon. There is a plein air event coming up May 26th at Desert Ridge. I will be there painting from 10-3, with this type of event it is meant to try to include what you are seeing while painting outside, I would think there may be birds and flowers involved, maybe even a bee or a tree. I will post the end result at the end of the month, until then here are some pictures to enjoy of AZ in the spring-time.

#saguaro  in bloom with #bees

#bees in the #palo verde #tree

#flowers of the ironwood tree

hummingbird in the #mesquite tree
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your h/art!
    I join you in celebrations of spring everywhere and used your hummingbird in mesquite for a haiku background.

    ReplyDelete