Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Two Times Art

Doesn't it always seem to take two times longer to do a project then you were expecting or hoping it would? I have been on the Two Times schedule for a little while now. After the paper-making workshop it usual takes a day to break everything down and a day for everything to dry before it can be packed away. This year I added a little bit of complication to that by setting up a paper making workshop on Earth Day, April 22nd, at Boyce Thompson Arboretum. If you missed the workshop at my studio you can stop by or pre-register for this one day quick workshop from noon - 3:00. That too will take two days to dry out and pack up for the year. If you have question or want to register just email me at: lharrisonparsons@gmail.com There is a fee to enter the Arboretum, unless you are a member or if you have a State Park Pass. The workshop is only $10.00 per person or for group/family of 4 or less $25.00. You can drop by and make a couple sheets of paper from recycled/up-cycled materials. A great Earth Day project.

Getting back to the terrible two's...I have spent the last two days in my studio. I have not been painting or drawing, although I have two pieces of art part way done, waiting to be finished. One on the drawing table, the other a pastel on the easel. I got an order of Rives BFK paper in, along with matt board for framing. The boards are 30X40", the paper 22X30" - they needed a space. My flat files were pretty full and needed cleaning out. (note: sale coming soon!)

That became the two day project in the studio. I still have a wee bit more to put away but am in pretty good shape for upcoming workshops. I have paper for a pastel workshop in Tucson at the end of the month. Paper for Common Ground on the Hill workshops, there are two: The Art of Nature and the Art of the Bird. Check out the web site to register for one of these classes in July back east. http://www.commongroundonthehill.org (look for traditions weeks)

Starting this weekend begins the March Paint Out at the Desert Botanical Gardens. The members of the Scottsdale Artists League will be in the gardens each Saturday in March, doing plein air painting. The first weekend of April 6-7-8th from 10 -5 we will have the art we created during March on display and for sale. There too is a fee to get into the gardens and it is worth it, beautiful place to hang out for the day.

This weekend will be a bit of a two-fer, I will be at the gardens Saturday morning but head to Sedona for Saturday afternoon. Look for pictures, hoping to catch some evening sunsets on those red rocks.

Here are a few pictures to inspire you to come to Boyce Thompson Arboretum, the Desert Botanical Gardens, a workshop at my studio or maybe a trip to Sedona. Enjoy!
http://www.lindaharrisonparsons.com Here is my web site for more info on shows and workshops

View from my backyard, Scottsdale, AZ

Desert Botanical Gardens in bloom

Me painting at the gardens

Boyce Thompson Arboretum

Waterfalls in Sedona

No comments:

Post a Comment