Saturday, March 24, 2018

Reasons For Art

In-between all the organizing, spring sales, workshops & applications for shows I have been creating art, really I have, really. When possible I sit outside painting, sketching or taking pictures of the sky. This week I finished a hawk piece, started a eagle and did a sketch of an elephant.

The elephant was a special project. I was asked to do a small sketch for The Real Africa Trust, Sketch for Survival 2018. These artworks will be on display in London and New York. They will help bring awareness and support to endangered species.

All of the works will be for sale via an on-line auction from September to November. All profits are donated to conservation projects. If you would like to find out more about them here is the web site: http://www.explorersagainstextinction.co.uk
For more info on the sketch project or to get the newsletter: http://www.sketchforsurvival.co.uk

You can find them on social media too:
Twitter: @Real Africa
Facebook: AReal Africa and @ExplorersagainstExtinction
Instagram: @Real Africa

Here is my submission. Elephant on coffee stained paper


No comments:

Post a Comment